Position Summary: We are looking for a pharmacy technician who will be responsible
for the overall efficiency and safety of pharmacy operations. He/She will be responsible for
ensuring everything runs smoothly in the pharmacy, including drug preparations, labeling
and technical operations, customer care, and communication between other workers.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reporting Line: Chief Pharmacist, Pharmacist
Objective: The Pharmacy Technician will Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts and removing outdated drugs.
Core Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders
• Clinical and Non-clinical staff
• Collection, organization and evaluation of patient’s information, the management of medical distribution, and providing drug information and education to the patient.
• Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts and removing outdated drugs.
• Check and ensure the approval of the regulatory body i.e (NAFDAC)
• Providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers
• Maintains a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• The task of preparing, dispensing, distributing, and administering medications under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
• Taking stock on daily basis to determine the stock level of drugs.
• Notifying the pharmacist about drugs that are out of stock.
• Arrangement of drugs into its respective segment in the store for easy identification.
• Attending to everyone equally on first come basis except emergency cases and attending to emergency cases swiftly.
• Counsel the patient and advise on adherence to usage as prescribed to avoid resistance and explain to them the possible side effect of each drug.
• Recording of drugs items supplied to out-patients (HMO, Company patients) and in-patients.
• Strict adherence to the usage of the drug administration software.
• Good people management
• Good telephone etiquette
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• Prioritizing, problem solving and organization skills.
• Dedicated to excellence and quality.
• ICT Skills
• Customer Care, communication, and public relation skills
• Articulate, cordial, hospitable, and pleasant personality.
• Must be able to work overtime and night shift at intervals including weekends. No Public Holidays.
• National Diploma Pharmacy Technician
• At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a fast-paced organization.
• Cognate Experience in a Hospital is an added advantage