Position Summary: We seek a versatile pharmacist who will ensure that all pharmacy related operations within the Pharmacy department are undertaken efficiently. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the work of junior Pharmacy technicians, review and evaluation of drug inventory to ascertain accuracy, and generate insightful reports for decision making.
Job Title: Pharmacist – R-Jolad Hospital
Reporting Line: Chief Pharmacist
Objectives: The Pharmacist will support in ensuring effective and accurate
budgetary controls, forecasting, and ensuring compliance with
PCN standard and international best practice.
Core Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders
• Clinical and Non-clinical staff
• Procurement of medicines and consumables and other medical devices where necessary
• Collection, organization and evaluation of patient’s information, the management of medicines and consumables, distribution, and providing drug information and education to the patient.
• Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts and removing outdated drugs.
• Checking and ensuring endorsement and approval of the regulatory body i.e (NAFDAC) where necessary.
• Ensure patient’s safety; he/she is to check patient’s medication record and provide necessary drug interventions.
• He/she is tasked with preparing, dispensing, distributing, and administering medications.
• Counsel the patient and advise on adherence to usage as prescribed to avoid resistance and explain to them the possible side effect of each drug.
• Strict adherence to the usage of drug administration using EMR software.
• Documentation and safety on disposal of poisons/narcotics (DDA) should be done under his/her strict supervision.
• Supervising the pharmacy technicians to achieve optimum outcome.
• Any other duty as determined by the Chief Pharmacist.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Proficiency with use of billing software and other relevant accounting software
• Ability to multitask and function in a high-pressure environment.
• Good analytical and numerate skills
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Customer Care, communication, and public relation skills
• Articulate, cordial, hospitable, and pleasant personality.
• Good people management
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• Prioritizing and problem-solving ability
• Dedicated to excellence and quality.
• Adequate Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Tools, e.g., Excel, Word, Power Point)
• Bachelor of Pharmacy
• Registration and licensure with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria
• At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a fast-paced organization.
• Cognate Experience in a Hospital is an added advantage