This position is primarily responsible for the provision of a high-quality, individualized service to patients and addresses all patient concerns or special needs that may arise before, during, and after treatment at the hospital. The role manages the implementation of a patient experience strategy that supports the hospital’s patient-centric culture. It also oversees initiatives and projects to nurture and support this culture across clinical and administrative functions. In doing this, the Patient Experience Manager plays a vital link between case management and ensuring patients get the right support at the right time
Internal on-site · Doctors, Nurses (Triage & Emergency), Pharmacists, Specialists, Billing & Finance Officers etc. External · Patients and relatives, HMOs, Corporate Clients
1st Reporting Line Executive Director, Operations
2nd Reporting Line Managing Directo
- Designs a minimum behavioural standard for all front desk personnel and monitors its execution.
- Designs processes to ensure pre-shift meetings hold at all front desk departments across all locations and follow us with all necessary feedback. ·
- Ensures adequate staff coverage in readiness for the day’s work in all the patient’s touchpoints.
- Designs and monitors appointment bookings system to ensure a smooth flow of appointments and patient satisfaction.
- Maintains a serene, conducive and organized ambience around the reception and all touchpoints.
- Ensure that all front desk personnel are trained to display empathy and understanding in the management of patients and relatives.
- Inducts and trains all new intakes for the front desk unit. · Monitors and ensures the front desk personnel comply with the hospital’s stated policies and our patient-centric culture.
- Effects periodic training and orientation for all front desk personnel across all R-Jolad locations · Monitors front desk staff performance, facilitate improvements and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Ensures that patients’ confidentiality is maintained among the team and with the clinicians, especially while handling case management processes.
- Coordinates the staff to always ensure prompt service to the patients with friendly and welcoming dispositions · Reviews daily performance reports including end-of-shift reports
- Monitors waiting times of patients and finds ways to reduce our stated TAT. · Executes other tasks assigned by the Executive Director, Operations or Managing Director.
- Understanding of the retail customer service function and environment.
- Knowledge of the hospital environment is an added advantage though not required.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hospital environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Tech savvy with computers, EMR systems, other third-party solutions & Microsoft office tools.
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality.
- Customer Service Oriented – friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others
- Ability to meet patients’ and others’ needs while following office policies and procedures.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities, open and able to work in multi-location environments · Good time management and punctuality
- Ability to maintain a balance of Tolerance and patience
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Good Relationship Management skills
- Ability to innovate and assist in the building of new value-adding platforms
- Coordinates submission of daily reports on the management of the hospital
- Monthly data report on the unit
- Fast-paced environment with occasional high-pressure or emergent situations
- Work hours subject to office needs to ensure coverage during all hours of operation
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and speaking
- Occasional reaching, bending and stooping,
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard and phone
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in retail banking and telecom operations.
- Bachelors or Master’s in a business-oriented, or any medical science field.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills